- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users and more than 500 million use the platform everyday (statista, 2018). Instagram is second most engaged network after facebook (Emarketer, 2018). So if you are thinking whether to enter Instagram or not, these numbers are definitely pointing towards a HUGE YES J
- 71% of the billion monthly active users on the Instagram app are under the age of 35 (Statista, 2019). This statistic provides information on the distribution of Instagram users worldwide as of January 2019. The single most popular age range is users between the ages of 25-34, followed by users between the ages of 18-24. So if your targeting audience falls in this age group you must use Instagram
- With Instagram becoming increasingly popular, an estimated 71% of US businesses claim that they use Instagram for business (Mention, 2018). The same study also reveals that 7 out of 10 hashtags on Instagram are branded. And more than 80% of businesses consider Instagram engagement as the most important metric.
- Instagram stories have been a game-changing feature which allows users to take photos or videos which disappear after 24-hours. After launching this feature, people started sharing way more on Instagram. 500 million Instagram accounts use Instagram Stories every day (Instagram, 2018). Not just that but 1/3 of the most viewed IG stories are from businesses. Before Instagram stories, people were mostly sharing their important moments, which weren’t usually on a daily basis. Instagram nailed the hammer on the head with Instagram stories, giving people a better reason to share their everyday moments without actually having to keep the content on their profile. This is also a great opportunity for businesses to increase their visibility.
- You can keep an eye on competitors- Your Company can use Instagram to keep an eye on your competitors and see how they interact with their followers. Watch carefully to find out how often they post, what they are posting and how they engage with their followers. You can use the information you gather to better define your own personal strategy.
1 thought on “Why you must delve into instagram for your business to thrive”
I loved your article post. Much thanks again. Keep writing. Chrystal Bard Kubetz